The China Study - Complete References
1. Chen J, Campbell TC, Li J, et al. Diet, life-style and mortality in China. A study of the characteristics of 65 Chinese counties. Oxford, UK; Ithaca, NY; Beijing, PRC: Oxford University Press; Cornell University Press; People's Medical Publishing House, 1990.
2. There were eight-two mortality rates, but about a third of these rates were duplicates of the same disease for people of different ages.
3. This also means that very little or no useful information is obtained by including the values of all the individuals in the county. There is only one disease rate for each county; thus it is only necessary to have one number for any of the variables being compared with the disease rate.
4. Piazza A. Food consumption and nutritional status in the People's Republic of China. London: Westview Press, 1986.
5. Messina M, and Messina V. The Dietitian's Guide to Vegetarian Diets. Issues and Applications. Gaithersburg, MD: Aspen Publishers, Inc., 1996.